Hello Friday! Nice to see you! What is on the horizon for your weekend? I hope you get to do something that really pleases you! We have a few plans that I am really looking forward to!
I have so many fun things to share today, but before I do, I want to thank Troy, my husband for taking the pictures this week. He is always so patient and I really appreciate your help, Troy!
Also I want to keep an open invitation to the Facebook Exercise Group I’ve been sharing with you.
We have over 100 ladies in our group from all over the world, and we share how our day went if we were able to get in some time for exercise. The group is called “Thirty for Thirty” (targeting 30 minutes of exercise a day for 30 days) and if you would like to join, you can check it out here: Thirty For Thirty
So this week we are talking Mother’s Day Gift Ideas, and Fashion (of course!) Plus I got to do something really fun earlier this week that I want to share!
I was invited to Curves of Plymouth by Laura Davoudi (owner and operator) for their grand re-opening! She invited different guests each day this week to share their businesses and really just party with the amazing women at Curves! So I was there on Monday with a display of Stella & Dot Jewelry and also representing this blog, “Your Favorite Chapter”. There are prize drawings and celebrations going on all week.
Curves is a place where you can get a strength training and cardio program that works every major muscle group in short, 30- second intervals. You move in tandem with everyone else from the various machines as directed by the prompt that comes from a speaker and fun hi energy music is playing in the background. In 30 minutes, you can get a fantastic workout. And there are staff coaches there inspiring and encouraging everyone, offering advice and assistance as needed.
I got there at 7:30 AM on Monday and it was full! I stayed until 1pm and there was a constant steady flow of ladies coming in for their workout. The ladies all have a fob that goes in each machine and tracks their individual progress. When they are finished with their workout, they can review their progress on the Curves Smart Site on the Laptop at Curves.
Curves is really about about strength for wellness and community. Community is the real gem in this!
The women all knew each other and greeted new ladies coming in (including me!) There was laughter and cheers as ladies reached a goal, and just good conversation!
There is such a positive flow of energy and true caring at this place! Laura Davoudi is making a difference every day in the lives of women in this community! Thank you so much, Laura for inviting me to Curves for your Grand Reopening! Much success to you and your wonderful community of amazing women!
Next lets talk Mother’s Day Gift Ideas! It’s a week away, but there is still time to find that perfect something!
So I asked some dear ones in my life their opinions, and these are some of the suggestions we came up with:
- Flowers for her garden. This is such a perfect time to give flowers! I love to give my mom a pretty pot that is filled with cheerful flowers which she can set on her stoop or in her landscaping somewhere. And for many years now, my sons have helped me by planting flowers for me for Mother’s Day! I may buy a few flats of flowers (I like red Impatience or begonias) and my sons will pitch in on the work to get the flowers into the ground for me! I always love this gift!
- Fitbit or Apple Watch- This is such a great gift! It gives you stats on your personal activity level each day, and depending on the model you purchase, it can give your heart rate and so much more info! Fitbit: Here is one at Kohl’s that gets pretty good reviews. Apple Watch- has a super easy to read screen, but must work with an i-Phone 5S or later. Here is one of the latest ones on sale at Macy’s. Apple Watch Series 3
- A pretty water cup with lid- Tervis has some beautiful choices- here is one from Bed Bath and Beyond
- A great coffee travel mug – I love the Yeti, and you can get it in pink!
- Backpack purse- these are so cool and on trend, and super functional! This bag is gorgeous, by Rebecca Minkoff Here are a couple really cute backpacks under $100: Topshop Street Level
- Treat her to a Manicure/Pedicure
- A night at a hotel with restaurant and gift card.
- A birthstone ring or necklace
- Crystal photo cube
- Long Distance Mugs from Amazon – no distance can separate your love!
- No Place Like Home Candle – with fragrances chosen by state
- The Night Sky– picture map you create of the stars on a special night in your life!
- A Subscription Service to something that will delight her!
- Keurig Coffee Maker – for the mom who wants her coffee fast! Here is a link to a great deal on one at Kohl’s. You can use the two special promos, “YOUGET20” and “MOMSDAY10” and free shipping and get it down to $84.97!
- Ancestry DNA kit for the mom who is fascinated with the family history!
- A special item you buy one for yourself and one for her- a special keepsake you both have and can think of each other when you see it. Could be a piece of jewelry or decorative item, even a plant or tree.
I hope these suggestions all help, maybe you can share some of your ideas! I would love to hear them!
Ok, on to the Fashion part of Fashion Friday! First up is a pretty pink cardigan from Chico’s!
It’s $59.50 but if you use code 76056 right now, it’s only $35.70
The top underneath is short sleeve, and has an ombre affect in the background. It too is from Chico’s, regularly $39.50 on sale for $23.70 if you use the same code 76056. This means the entire set (sweater and top) goes for $59.40 if you use the sale code.
It would look fantastic with white jeans (I just ordered some!) Isn’t this bag cute? It’s a brand I haven’t tried before, but I really like it! Really well made, stylish and affordable! It’s by Sondra Roberts.
The next item I wanted to share is this adorable boho style top from Chico’s. Chico’s has got it going on this year, I’m kind of loving it! This is the Pinstriped Tassel-Trim Top.
It is so vibrant with the red tassels that outline the brightly embroidered v-neck and sleeves!
You could do all kinds of things with your jewelry, too! Here, I added a cuff bracelet from Stella & Dot that has the colors of the embroidery work in it. This is the Moxie Gem Cuff, its a really fun and colorful addition to your jewelry collection.
It just makes you smile wearing it! Like the perfect Cinco De Mayo Top!
Speaking of Cinco De Mayo, if you missed it, I have a really good salsa recipe from this past Tuesday, you can find it here: Tasty Tuesday and Freshtastic Salsa
Well, my friend I sure hope things have been going well for you lately. I think of you so often through the week, as I go through this life myself. Life can be such a rollercoaster! I hope yours is thrilling in a good way right now!
I know we all meet challenges and some we handle well, sometimes not so well. But we learn from it and the sunrise brings the promise of a new day and hope and good things on the horizon. Sometimes I mess up and put myself into challenges I could have avoided. Things I wish I hadn’t said or done. And I try and learn from it, make apologies where needed and then move forward. You can’t stay frozen in regret. Everyone messes up sometimes. And as we forgive others, we need to forgive ourselves as well. Please don’t linger in regret. I want you to have joy! Life is a gift and we should embrace it! And enjoy each and every day! The young flowers and green leaves and buds are exploding everywhere right now, and we can let it dazzle us and take our breath away! And at night I look at the stars and know that we all are sharing the same glorious view! Isn’t that a lovely thought? And you are a part of the beauty of this season in our lives!
I hope you have a fantastic weekend! Please know I’m one of your biggest fans! And I think you are simply wonderful!
I’ll be back Tuesday for another Tasty Tuesday!
Nature gives to every time and season some beauties of its own. ~Charles Dickens
Places I link up: